<> <> <> JRBsSite: There is a Rose in Spanish Harlem.

Monday, April 07, 2008

There is a Rose in Spanish Harlem.

It's not only a Mamas & the Papas lyric, Derrick Rose is indeed a special Rose. Tonight, however, he was not quite special enough. Perhaps Rose was in Harlem preceding the NCAA tournament... Or, perhaps, Rose's team just fell short tonight. In any case, it was a nice season for Memphis and I still hope the Timberpup's draft Mr. Rose in the 2008 NBA lottery.

Also, don't worry Chris. As Mama Cass and The Mamas & The Papas proclaimed, "Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me."

(For those interested in stats and so forth ... Sorry, I've got tendonitis at the moment, and a lot of writing and stat digging is not something I'm up for at the moment)

I could go on "every other day (every other day), every other day (every other day) of the week is fy-iii-nnn-ee yeah." ... Although tonight is not one of the finest nights in Rose's life, something tells me, he'll get over it.

4-7-08 Kansas Jayhawks 75, Memphis Tigers 68 in OT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home